Atkins Search is recruiting for an ambitious Assistant Civil Engineer to join a thriving consultancy situated in central Nottingham.
A well-established, multi-disciplinary consultancy with continued growth in projects acquired
across an interesting variety of sectors
including highways, educational, bespoke residential, commercial and emergency services.
This is a hands-on role, with excellent opportunities to progress your professional skills and expertise in a supportive environment. You will be
involved with the design and drafting of civil engineering works for a variety of sectors.
- You will
(with some guidance)
basic design solutions when provided with constraints.
- Working with a good degree of autonomy and minimal guidance in relation to design updates, drafting and detailing.
- Responding to
project-based queries by telephone or other means, then reporting
to others in the team.
- You will need to demonstrate a
logical analytical approach to problem solving.
- A BSc/BEng (Hons) qualified civil engineering graduate who has circa one year's experience.
- A strong
communicator, both in written English and verbally, in person and on the telephone.
- Specific experience in the use of AutoCAD for technical drawing.
- You will need a logical, analytical approach to problem solving Computer literate, being fully competent in the use of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations and construction industry health and safety is desired.
- Ideally having some working knowledge of Civils 3D and MicroDrainage software.
· A highly competitive salary, £25,000 - £30,000 (negotiable depending on experience)
· Pension contribution
· Annual bonus
· Flexible working hours
· Unlimited annual leave entitlement
· Annual salary review
· Hybrid working
· Professional training and development
· Mileage and expense reimbursement
· Laptop and mobile phone
· Regular social events
· Fun, relaxed working environment
· Mentors and pathway to become Chartered
· Clear career path and realistic opportunities to progress
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.