Atkins Search have been retained by a leading Construction Main Contractor to recruit an Operations Director to lead the business through the next stage of growth in the North West.
The company have been in operation for over 40 years, building and developing long lasting client relationships through the quality of their service delivery, with repeat business being integral to their business plan. After a number of project wins in the North West, they recently opened their office in Manchester, with the aim being to establish a base in the region.
Due to the success of the new office, they are now in a position to recruit to an Operations Director/ Manager to lead the growth of the region. Their current annual TO in the North West is circa £20m, £110m nationally, so you will be starting from a very good base, with a number established clients and frameworks already in place.
This is a business critical appointment and they are looking for an Operations Director/ Manager from within a Construction Main Contractor who is well networked and established in the North West. This is a real opportunity for you to shape a business in your image and style.
- Support and lead the team by utilising your operational, technical, commercial and man-management expertise
- Identify and develop new client opportunities to broaden the business offering
- Report to and liaise with the business owner to make decisions for operational activities, agree, set and execute strategic goals
- Receive and understand financial reporting to inform operational planning and goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Maintain and develop organisational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers and suppliers
- Recruit, support and develop new team members
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated across the team and are followed at all times
- Develop and maintain excellent health and safety standards throughout the business
- Ensure quality assurance through performance management reviews of team members, support internal training programs, and provide individualised support where required
- Network throughout the Northwest to raise the organisations profile
- Experienced Operations Manager or Director from a Construction Main Contractor
- A proven track record of managing teams to deliver business and project outcomes
- Well networked in the North West to assist in creating new project tender opportunities
- Ability to gain the respect of their peers by delivering projects to the highest standards
- Focused on building long term client relationships to create repeat business through good work
- Calm, composed individual who is an excellent communicator
- Thorough knowledge of the Construction sector and market changes that may influence the company
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
The client is a profitable, cash rich organisation who will give you the autonomy to build the region to a £50m TO operation in the next 5/ 7 years. If you are an Operations Manager looking to take the step up, or an established Operations Director who is being stifled by their current work environment, then this might be for you.
Competitive remuneration available
for the level of the role.