Atkins Search are recruiting for a Graduate Structural Engineer on behalf of a multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Derbyshire.
Our client is a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy based in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside. They an experienced engineer with drainage expertise the chance to join a relaxed, supportive environment that allows for close collaboration and development across the teams.
You will report to the Senior Drainage Engineer but with ultimate responsibility is undertaken by the Consultancy Director.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the delivery of contracts secured, and to communicate information effectively to clients, architects, project design team members, suppliers, and relevant colleagues. The role expectations also include:
- To work independently and as part of a team.
- To organise, control and manage contracts within the Drainage team.
- Preparation of Surface and Foul Water drainage designs, at outline strategy, detailed planning, and construction phases including drawings, calculations, and reporting.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments for planning purposes.
- Undertake site visits, walkover inspections and investigations.
- Liaise with clients, developers and architects, as well as other design team members. Provide written and verbal communications as well as attending meetings as requested.
- Liaise and appoint sub-contractors to provide testing and survey information, as required as part of the project.
- Preparation of fee proposals and invoicing
- To carry out any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior management.
- You must be computer literate with the ability to operate standard Microsoft Office applications
- Hands on knowledge of Drainage Software (Causeway or similar) is essential and you must be familiar with the use of AutoCAD software
- Your must have legal status to work in the UK.
- A relevant degree in Engineering, at Bachelor's level and above.
- It is desirable that you hold a Chartered status or are actively working towards achieving it with one of the following professional Institutions: Institute of Civil Engineers, Institute of Water and Environmental Management, Institute of Highway Engineers
- For this role you will need to hold a full UK driving license with access to a vehicle that will be offered business use insurance cover.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience
Internal support and training to help you become Chartered as you will work closely alongside a Senior Engineer
A collaborative, friendly environment and team with an informal atmosphere
Exposure to the local residential sector as well as individual development projects and refurbishment of historic sites
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.