Atkins Search are recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join of the UK’s leading, specialist construction main contractors based in Nottingham.
Our client is a well-established, UK leading main contractor with an enviable reputation for delivering specialist, major projects across the Midlands and North.
Working as part of an established Commercial team, you will have commercial responsibility for specialist industrial and manufacturing projects with values of up to circa £30m.
- Assemble costs for forecasting in line with site budgets
- Assess construction plans and prepare quantity requirements
- Prepare cost reports, analyses, contracts, budgets and risk assessments
- Subcontractor procurement and payment
- Collaborate with site teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Assisting with Pre-lets and reviewing drawings
- Reviewing JCT and NEC forms of contracts
- Strong and capable communicator at all levels
- Contractually excellent – JCT and NEC
- Complex fit-out experience
- Experience working with two-stage tenders
- Variety of project and sector knowledge
- Well networked with sub-contractors in the region
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation skills and build strong relationships with clients, consultants, supply chains and team members
- Capable of delivering projects on time and to budget
- Both Commercially and Operationally aware
Competitive salary plus car or allowance and package including a generous holiday allowance and pension contribution (increases with time served), and private healthcare.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.