Atkins Search are working with one of Nottingham’s leading construction main contractors to recruit a Senior Design Manager to join their business.
After recently securing £80m of new projects, they are looking to plan for the ongoing success of the business, and currently have an opportunity for a Senior Design Manager to join their team.
This is a business critical appointment as they need a Design Manager who has aspirations to lead the design offering across the group in the next 12 to 24 months.
One of the East Midlands leading principal main contractors, with exciting plans for growth across the Midlands and Yorkshire regions.
They talk about their work/ project profile as “fascinating” as their clients are extremely diverse operating across both the public and private sectors. The schemes aren’t run of the mill PRS/ Student Accommodation projects, they work on some of the region’s most interesting and challenging schemes, including MOD, MOJ, DofE, University and Commercial developments.
The function of the Senior Design Manager role will be to lead the design process for the projects under their remit, promote integration of disciplines and select, manage and appoint consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services.
You will be responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting on design programme's, and also provide technical support to the bid process.
In addition, you will be developing designs that utilise innovative techniques on multiple/complex projects.
Our client is looking for someone with an ambitious and progressive attitude to real add value to the Design team and the business as a whole.
- Manage Design process from preconstruction through to delivery
- Maximise value engineering and creation opportunities
- Manage design process with external consultants
- Review sub contractor design proposals
- Review the design on an ongoing basis, identifying potential interface, buildability and coordination issues, resolving them with the design and project team
- Coordinating the production of design information to be included in the tender submission.
- Career focused individual
- Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
- Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding
- Constructively seek better alternatives
- Find practical ways to overcome barriers
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others
- Balance multiple priorities and build consensus on the way forward
- Make and implement difficult and/or unpopular decisions
Benefits of this role include excellent salary and professional package.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.