Atkins Search are currently looking to recruit a Senior Design Manager to join one of the UK’s leading Tier 1 main contractor to deliver major schemes across the East Midlands.
Our client is a UK Leading Tier 1 Construction Main Contractor with an enviable reputable for delivering a mix of interesting projects across various sectors. Projects you will be involved with will be large, major schemes with values of up to circa £100m.
The function of the Senior Design Manager role will be to manage the design process, promote integration of disciplines and select, manage and appoint consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services. You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on design programme's, and also provide technical support to the bid process.
You will be instrumental in support the development and implementation of Design strategies, managing the overall process from tender through to delivery.
- Lead the development and implementation of design proposals, ensuring they meet customer requirements, including budget constraints, presenting proposals for approval to the client
- Produce and implement project specific design management processes and protocols in the form of a design management plans
- Ensure that the scope of services for incorporation into each consultant appointment meet the project requirements
- Manage and ensure effective briefing of the Design Team
- Implement risk management reviews and workshops relating to the design and input to the project risk register
- Establish and monitor request for specific technical document control process and protocols
- Maintain awareness of and meeting the cost plan
- Manage design verification processes and develop and monitor a detailed design programme
- Work closely with the project team in identifying and managing change
- Ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure
- Numeracy and bid/report writing is a requirement
- Good working knowledge of BIM
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Benefits of this role include excellent salary and professional package to include car allowance, excellent pension, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.