Atkins Search are looking to recruit an experienced Freelance Quantity Surveyor for a long-term contract on behalf of a UK Leading, Tier 1 main contractor.
This role is to support the Commercial Lead and manage the commercial aspects for the delivery of a project based onsite in Exeter.
A large, established national contractor with live projects throughout England. My client is well known with a fantastic reputation for delivering repeat government funded projects across the MOJ and MOD sectors. These are usually valued up to £10M and predominantly within refurbishments and small extensions to existing building.
The function of the Quantity Surveyor role will be to lead the commercial process for the project. The role will see you manage contractual and cost management of the project ensuring it remains on budget.
A key part of the role will be to liaise with the other members of the project teams, helping it to stay on track.
- Update all costs across projects on a regular basis
- Assist the team with commercial and contractual expertise
- Assembling of costs for forecasting in line with site budgets
- Assemble costs for forecasting in line with site budgets
- Assess construction plans and prepare quantity requirements
- Prepare cost reports, analyses, contracts, budgets and risk assessments
- Subcontractor procurement and payment experience
- Quantity Surveyor experience with a main contractor
- Excellent man management skills
- Strong and capable communicator at all levels
- Variety of project and sector knowledge
- Well networked with sub-contractors in the region
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation skills and build strong relationships with clients, consultants, supply chains and team members
- MOD Clearance desirable but not essential
- Competitive daily rates, paid weekly
- Long-term contract from 3 to 12 months
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment, and service in the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough, and Northern Home Counties regions.