- OverviewAtkins Search are currently looking to recruit a Design Manager to join a region-leading, family owned construction main contractor based in RugbyClient
- Secured pipeline of projects
- Part of various frameworks including SCAPE and Pagabo
- Exposure to varied, dynamic projects
- Opportunity to progress as the business grows
The function of the Design Manager role will be to lead the design process, promote integration of disciplines and select, manage and appoint consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services. You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on design programmes, and also provide technical support to the bid process. In addition you will be developing designs that utilise innovative techniques on multiple projects.
- Experience of various forms of construction technology
- Use of CAD and Microsoft Office
- Design manager experience with a main contractor
- Multiple, large-scale project delivery
- Reading and interpreting drawings and technical specifications
- Management of specialist designers and managing others in your team
- Navigating design package software
- Career focused individual
- Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
- Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding
- Constructively seek better alternatives
- Find practical ways to overcome barriers
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others
- Balance multiple priorities and build consensus on the way forward
- Make and implement difficult and/or unpopular decisions.
- Construction related degree
- Experience of JCT/ NEC forms of contract
- Experience of using 4P EDMS
Benefits of this role include excellent salary and professional package.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.