Atkins Search have been retained by one of the East Midlands leading specialist Main Contractors to recruit a Commercial Manager to lead their Commercial team.
Our client is one of the region’s leading construction companies delivering various schemes across the public and private sectors.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for the Management of a team of Surveyors as part of a £150m TO business.
You will be responsible for all commercial, contractual and team matters including contract terms and negotiations. In addition, you will lead a team of experienced Quantity Surveyors, making sure duties are delivered to the highest standards to create best practice across the business. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the financial status of past, current, and future projects is accurately managed, forecast and reported to the Commercial Director.
For the right candidate, in the next few years this could develop to the Commercial Director role for the business.
- Management of all commercial and contract matters
- Chair CVR meetings
- Responsible for internal and external cash flow forecasting
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plans
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Support Quantity Surveyors with interim valuations and final account negotiations
- Support Quantity Surveyors with monthly cost/value reconciliation reporting
- Budget reviews with the contract delivery teams
- Resolving contractual and commercial challenges as they arise
- Review subcontract orders and negotiate with key strategic supply chain
- Agree contract variations, compensation events and other events with partners
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI’s
- Commercial lead at tender adjudication/settlement
- Managing project delays
- Commercial lead on dispute resolution with Adjudication, Arbitration and Mediation
- Pre-contract negotiations and contract closure
- Final account negotiation
- Commercial staff training, staff recruitment, appraisals, and salary reviews
To be successful in application for this role, you must be a proven Managing Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager who can manage and positively influence others, have a deep understanding and experience working for a construction main contractor and a proven track record of commercial and contractual awareness. You must be competent in using Microsoft packages and hold a degree or equivalent and previous experience working with different NEC and JCT Contracts.
Benefits of this role include an excellent salary plus professional benefits package on offer.
act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.