Atkins Search have an opportunity for an Assistant Estimator to join an established construction main contractor based in Nottingham.
Our client is a specialist fit out and refurbishment contractor operating across a mix of sectors including education, leisure, and accommodation sectors who have been in operation for over 10 years. Working across the public and private sectors, our client delivers high-quality, interesting projects across the UK based out of their regional offices.
People focused; our client offer hybrid working and believe a positive team dynamic is the key to success.
Based out of the regional office in Nottingham, you will be working alongside an experienced team to focus on delivering varied tenders, helping develop an established region. You will have an opportunity to join an innovative, dynamic region with opportunities to grow and develop alongside the business.
- Identifying opportunities to add value throughout the project process
- Inputting into subcontractor and supplier procurement, ensuring best value
- Preparing estimates for planning, organising and scheduling project work.
- Managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Ensuring that relevant documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline
- Identify opportunities to add value throughout the project process, as well as identifying and escalating risks
- Report on progress of the tender via weekly estimating meetings
- Estimating experience, ideally used to working on refurbishment and fit-out schemes
- Sub-contractor liaison experience for tender purposes
- Proven track record of delivering, work winning competitive tenders
- Good communicator at all levels
- Career focused and motivated to be successful
- Commercially astute with a strong understanding of the construction process
Competitive with the current marketplace, to include package, benefits and hybrid working.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.