Atkins Search are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join a privately owned, specialist construction consultancy based within their Birmingham office.
My client are a built environment consultancy, helping our clients transform the quality and sustainability of the built environment. They
are enabled by great people who are inspired and proud of what they do and respected for who they are.
Their people are the foundation of their success, and their greatest asset and what separate them, they drive our vision and embody their values. They offer not just a job, but a journey. They believe in commitment, and the value of a stable, flexible, long-term career path. They challenge their people to be the best they can be and help them grow with the right development.
As Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for leading from the front as regards to client facing meetings, dealing with multi disciplined teams and project delivery.
- Manage existing infrastructure clients and developing further opportunities within the sector
- Establish detailed Client’s brief and responsibilities of consultants and specialists
- Establish lines of commercial management plans
- Produce feasibility estimates and support value engineering initiatives
- Manage finances from inception to completion, including cash flow forecasts, monitoring project expenditure, and recommendations of payments by client, as well as internal budget and resourcing
- Undertake post contact administration
- Proficient in working with NEC forms of contract
To be a successful Cost Manager
you will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between their clients and
highly skilled project teams. You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to work flexibly, both in the office and on-site, whilst demonstrating commercial awareness and exhibiting the ability to lead teams.
To be considered for this role your experience will be in consultancy construction cost management with Environmental Agency experience and you will possess the ability to lead a series of projects and manage client relationships and evidence:
- Proficiency in the use of Cost Os, Cost X, MS Office and particularly MS Project and similar digital software
- BSc/MSc in a relevant quantity surveying / cost management related subject
- NEC3/4 Contract
- A combination of the following qualifications (however we would be willing to accept applications from candidates who are considering working to towards them):
- Salary sacrifice
- Pension contribution
- 25 days holiday allowance
- 3 days a year for volunteering
- Buy/sell holidays
- Private healthcare
- Dental Plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health/well being discounts
- Growth which fuels ideas and opportunity for all
- Purposeful and meaningful work
- Continual development and mentoring
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.