Atkins Search are recruiting a Group Health & Safety Manager to join a highly reputable housing association in Nottingham.
Established over 60 years ago, my client is market-leading, reputable and well-established within the East Midlands. Managing over 5,000 homes in the region, our client also provides care and support services and local authority projects.
This is a excellent opportunity for an
experienced Health and Safety professional to build on the
Group’s corporate health and safety strategy, policies and systems, alongside
strong moral values. It will be varied, exciting and a great addition to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Manage the small, but efficient, Health & Safety team and ensure compliance in all aspects of Health & Safety
- Provide general health and safety advice, support and monitoring across a wide range of risk areas
Lead the Facilities Management for Head Office and other offices
- Take a proactive role in identifying key risks to customers and stakeholders on the Group’s properties and work to alleviate
- Lead on the development and implementation of the corporate Compliance & Safety strategy and associated systems and ensure a ‘safety first’ culture is embedded across the Group
- Highly organised and resilient
- Hold health & safety degree, or relevant professional qualification
- Have demonstrable experience of fire safety management
- A successful record of driving improvements and minimising risks
- Similar experience in a leadership role (ideally within the housing sector)
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of managing complex budgets
- Practical application of risk management
- Valid driving license and regular access to a car
- Full time role (35hrs)
- Agile working - 3 days minimum in the office
- Competitive salary
- Wellbeing plan
- Free DBS checks
- Generous annual leave
- Free healthcare cash plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay
- Free training and development
- Access to cycle to work and discounted bus pass schemes
Atkins Search acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialize in construction, consultancy, residential and infrastructure recruitment and service the Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough, and Northern Home Counties regions.