Atkins Search are recruiting for an Estimator who has experience within highways and streetlighting projects, to support the continued growth of the pre-construction team for our client, who a well-established and successful civil engineering contractor based in Nottingham.
Our client is a well-established business with a great reputation for delivering a variety of civil engineering projects. With over 50 years in business, they have become a trusted infrastructure and civil engineering contractor across the UK.
You will be a key member of the existing estimating team, bringing an enthusiasm for the projects that they work on. You will need to be a numbers-driven individual with a track record of building strong supplier relationships.
Key aspects of the role will include cost estimation, winning work, supplier selection and risk management so previous experience working in a role involving these aspects will be crucial.
- Assist in presenting tender proposals and participate in meetings throughout the tender process.
- Source suitable sub-contractors for each project to guarantee high standards.
- Drive success by producing winning tenders and fostering strong customer relationships.
- Have a great understanding of current market prices, staying ahead of the curve.
- Proven experience in pricing tenders for highways and streetlighting projects.
- Civil Engineering or similar Degree qualification.
- Confidence in ability to independently price projects.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft packages
- Strong financial analysis.
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders of all levels.
£40,000-£50,000 plus package
Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.