Atkins Search are
recruiting for a
Building Surveyor to join an award winning Construction Consultancy based in Birmingham.
My client provides a variety of services to clients across all property sectors,
offering you a diverse workload that is tailored to your preferences and the opportunity to become a truly integral part of their growing business. You will have the option to work across a variety of sectors across Yorkshire, including healthcare, residential, retail, education, leisure, mixed-use developments, commercial, heritage and conservation.
With a collaborative culture founded on mutual respect and trust, they are dedicated to their people, partners and clients.
You will be working alongside major public sector clients and Commercial Developers on a variety of interesting projects across Yorkshire.
You're responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Client management and contract administration/practice duties
- Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential, commercial properties and educational facilities
- Carry out building, measured and condition surveys
- Ensure buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards
- Taking particulars on site, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes and administering contracts for maintenance work
- Analyse and report on building defects
- Handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
- Prepare schedules of dilapidations
- Provide advice, prepare and submit planning applications
- Undertake the role of quality monitor on various schemes including housing schemes
- Prepare designs for extensions, refurbishment schemes and new build developments ranging from £50,000 to £4m
- Prepare Notices, Schedules of Condition and Awards for Party Wall matters
- Relevant degree qualified and ideally already on a RICS pathway
- AutoCAD drawing skills
- Demonstrable experience working on a variety of projects
- RICS, MRICS or APC (or working towards)
- Consultancy experience (desirable)
- Strong technical building surveying background
- Project delivery experience
- Ability to manage own workload
- Excellent communication and client facing skills
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- An analytical mind combining excellent written and oral skills to produce considered and robust reports and recommendations
Some exciting benefits you will receive are...
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual bonus
- Profit share bonus
- Private healthcare and medical insurance
- Annual salary review
- Life assurance
- Generous holiday allowance
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- Regular social events
- Hybrid working
- Flexing working hours
- Clear career progression path
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.