Atkins Search Recruitment are actively seeking a talented Senior Architectural Technician/Technologist to join a dynamic and forward-thinking consultancy based in Nottingham.
Our client is much more than just a consultancy; they are a growing organisation dedicated to nurturing employee growth and success. Due to natural growth and success in projects won, there is now opportunity to join a professional architectural team within a larger multi-disciplinary consultancy and embark on a rewarding journey from concept to completion on a diverse range of projects.
As a Senior Architectural Technician/Technologist, you’ll have the opportunity to see a wide range of projects through from concept to completion. You’ll work collaboratively with both internal and external consultancies, pooling your expertise to deliver projects across a variety of sectors, including commercial, Ministry of Justice, residential, office and other public buildings such as rail. The successful Senior Architectural Technician/Technologist should have a good knowledge of Revit software, however some training can be provided.
Working within the Design Team and alongside multi-disciplinary design and technical teams, the role will deliver a comprehensive technical service, including assisting in and the preparation of working drawings packages, coordination technical information and specification writing.
- Responsible for the production and coordination of technical drawings
- Deliver a range of projects in 2D/3D using Autodesk Revit and work within standard BIM workflow processes such as internal reviews and clash detection
- Assist in the preparation of drawings through all RIBA Work Stages
- Liaise with other members of the design team and clients, including the review of incoming third-party information to ensure coordinated and well resolved integration of design information
- Produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used in the production of robust details and associated specification
- Attend meetings and site visits as and when required, liaise with internal and outside bodies including contractors and other disciplines to provide technical advice, instruction and reports to achieve positive outcomes
- A portfolio of work and experience working as an Architectural Technologist
- Knowledge of current & emerging technical design, construction and environmental issues, legislative requirements and statutory responsibilities pertaining to the role
- Degree in Architectural Technology or HNC/HND qualification in an architectural or other relevant construction related field
- Proficient in/working knowledge of Revit for both 3D collaborative design and 2D production information output
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to use own initiative to plan and manage and prioritise own work programme, projects and other resources
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to work effectively and collaborate with internal and external teams and an ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and reconcile differences
- A competitive salary package and opportunity for advancement
- Comprehensive mentorship and guidance towards professional chartership
- Company-sponsored professional memberships
- Family-friendly policies promoting work-life balance
- Life assurance scheme for financial security
- 24/7 access to a GP for your health and well-being
- Engaging team socials and events funded by the company
- Employee Assistance Plan for personal support
- High street discount scheme for various perks
- Company sick pay scheme to provide peace of mind
- Access to a Mental Health Wellbeing App
Atkins Search acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialize in construction, consultancy, residential and infrastructure recruitment and service the Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough, and Northern Home Counties regions.