Atkins Search are currently recruiting for a Project Design Manager to join a multi-award winning Consultancy
based in Lincoln with hybrid working available.
Please note - if you have transferable experience and interested in pursuing a career as a Project Design Manager, you will be considered
for this role.
My client provides a variety of services to national clients within the Infrastructure and Civil Engineering sectors. You will have the option to work across a variety of multi-million pound infrastructure and civil
including; roads and highways, bridges, rail, development and many more exciting schemes!
With a collaborative culture founded on mutual respect and trust, they are dedicated to their people, partners and clients. My client can offer you a diverse workload that is tailored to your preferences and the opportunity to become a truly integral part of their growing business.
As Project Design Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the design process from planning application through to project completion.
- Control the design process, from planning application through to project completion
- Manage design team workloads and the planning of work packages
- Manage the design scope, quality and project timelines to achieve project milestones
- Set up and manage drawing issue registers and work package submissions
- Track project deliverables against the design programme/schedules
- Ensure design programmes/schedules are kept up to date.
- Ensure design teams prepare work packages in accordance with Employers Requirements
- Proactively manage project risks and opportunities
- Quality control and ensuring compliance with ISO accreditation to maintain business credentials
- Define project scope and assist in production of tender documentation
The ideal Project Design Manager will have –
- Relevant qualification within Engineering (HNC/Level 4 or above)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a design management or project management role, ideally within an engineering consultancy or similar
- Ideally Chartered Member or working towards – not essential
- Understanding of health & safety, principal designer and/or CDM regulations
- Strong communication and IT skills
- Able to liaise confidently with clients and lead project teams
- NEC Contract experience desired but not essential
The successful Project Design Manager will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and market leading benefits package, such as -
- £40,000 - £60,000 (depending on experience)
- Hybrid working available
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension contribution
- Healthcare insurance
- Medical insurance
- Gym membership discount
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Travel and mileage expenses
- Relaxed working environment
- Regular social events
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Civil Engineering recruitment and service the East Midlands,
Yorkshire, North West
and Northern Home Counties regions.