Atkins Search are currently working with a Principal Main Contractor to recruit a Building Services/M&E Manager to join their team.
Based in Nottingham, our client are a specialist main contractor and the leading business in their sector. Operating on a national basis, our client delivers major fit-out and new build schemes across the manufacturing, logistic and industrial sectors.
To deliver a quality service and product to our clients in line with the project goals by working with the project team. You will be responsible for managing the building services design/installation process and to minimise risks associated with this to the project and to the company.
- You'll manage our building services engineering design and installation process, minimising any risks to the project and to the company
- Take ownership for M&E delivery on a range of projects
- To provide guidance in the production of the project programmes
- To contribute to the regular Project Report, and attend Project Meetings
- Attend and chair where appropriate, meetings with the Client, the designers, specialist contractors and other team members
- Pro-actively monitor Health & safety processes and behaviours ensuring compliance with safety management systems and industry best practice
- To provide engineering services content to proposal team for inclusion in tender proposals
- Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements (specification, drawings etc.) & advise the project or divisional team
- Assist/advise on all technical issues e.g. procurement, contracts, final accounts and dispute resolution
- Work with the Preconstruction team to provide advice and technical assistance on bid/tenders
- Vet and propose contractors and specialist contractors, systems and manufacturers for projects
- Ideally, a recognised qualification in Building Services Engineering or a similar engineering subject, but it could be that you have the equivalent level of knowledge gained through practical experience
- Experience in the Construction industry
- A willingness to be accountable for your own responsibilities, actions, judgements and decisions, and the ability motivate and communicate with the wider team
- Understands the pre-construction process
- Able to organise and manage the design phase of a project
- Understanding of how to comply with a Health & Safety policy and Health & Safety management system.
- Excellent package and salary on offer for the right person.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service in
the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.