Atkins Search is recruiting for an ambitious Graduate Civil Engineer to join a thriving consultancy with an office situated in central Derby.
multi-disciplinary consultancy with continued growth in projects acquired
across an interesting variety of sectors
(retail, residential, education and healthcare).
Many projects are undertaken to BIM level 2.
Please note - Our client is unable to provide sponsorship. We can only forward applications from candidates with full British Citizenship status.
This is a hands-on role, with excellent opportunities to progress your professional skills and expertise in a supportive environment. You will be
involved with the design and drafting of civil engineering works for a variety of sectors.
You will be joining the civil engineering team in Derby office, and would need to be able to commute reliably to central Derby every day.
The team works for clients throughout the East Midlands and United Kingdom.
Please note - the successful candidate for this role would not be starting the role until December 2023/January 2024.
- You will
(with some guidance)
basic design solutions when provided with constraints.
- Working with a good degree of autonomy and minimal guidance in relation to design updates, drafting and detailing.
- Responding to
project based queries by telephone or other means, then reporting
to others in the team.
- You will need to demonstrate a
logical analytical approach to problem solving.
- The client designs
SuDS drainage schemes and highway works using Microdrainage and PDS industry standard software with final drawings produced in AutoCAD.
- A BSc/BEng (Hons) qualified civil engineering graduate who has circa one year's experience
- A strong
communicator, both in written English and verbally, in person and on the telephone..
- Specific experience in the use of AutoCAD for technical drawing
- You will need a logical, analytical approach to problem solving
- Computer literate, being fully competent in the use of Word and Excel
- An awareness of or experience in the use of Microdrainage, PDS or Flood Modeller is desirable.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations and construction industry health and safety is desired
- The client would also consider an experienced, HND qualified civil engineering senior technician.
- An ICE registered graduate training scheme which will be open to the successful candidate
- Hybrid working- Ability to work from home two days a week
- Flexible hours
- Company Pension Scheme for all employees
- Health Cash Plan for all employees
- Safe Spaces for people to exercise religious beliefs
- Leadership training, learning and development
- Regular social events
- Promotion Prospects – annual appraisals
- Loyalty to Staff: Length of Service Policy