Atkins Search are recruiting for an Architectural Technologist to join a dynamic, aspiring construction and development consultancy based in Derby.
Operating as part of a larger Property Developer, our client are a versatile and dedicated Construction and Development firm operating where required, offering a layered, practical, and professional aid to the construction and property development industry. Alongside operating a consultancy, they also delivery projects as a principal contractor, offering a variety of services.
Operating as an Architectural Technologist, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and enhancing the design aspect of projects and external client ventures, working across a mix of sectors including HMO, commercial and residential.
As the “first boots on the ground” in this discipline, you will have an opportunity to shape the role and influence the development of the division, with an opportunity to build your own team in the future.
- Use of Revit/Archicad to drive design innovation and efficiency
- Commercial to residential conversion experience preferred with HMO knowledge desirable
- Track record of delivering schemes under own initiative
- Qualifications/accreditations within the relevant sector preferred; opportunities to achieve further qualifications & accreditations would be considered
- Building relationships and proven experience of liaising with planning authorities
- Demonstrable experience in construction detailing and UK building regulations compliance
- Produce precise technical drawings and comprehensive working drawing packages
- Ensure meticulous detailing, adherence to quality standards, and compliance with regulations
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines with ease
- Collate, organise, and investigate technical information crucial for project development and construction phases
- Coordinate effectively with external consultants, subcontractors, and internal teams
- Review third-party information for seamless integration and resolution in design
- Engage with planning departments, facilitating smooth communication, compliance and a desire to build positive relationship for the benefit of the company
- Showcase strong presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrate confidence in addressing design queries and site issues during construction phases
- Lead design team meetings, contributing to project management discussions
- Drive new projects from concept to completion collaboratively within a team
- Spearhead the development of an internal design team
- Locally based, brand new office
- Competitive Salary and package
- Incentive schemes such as rewards for business referrals and new projects
- Regular social events as a company
- Opportunity to build and lead your own discipline for the business
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment, and service
in the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough, and Northern Home Counties regions.