Here at Atkins Search, we are recruiting for a Technical Coordinator to work for a 5* New Build Housing Developer, and to join their Technical Team based in Tamworth.
Who you’ll be working for as Technical Coordinator:
Our client has been building new homes for 50 years and is firmly established as a leading developer with a passion for not just building homes, but creating vibrant sustainable communities. This would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced Technician with the potential to grow and develop into a longer term career with this company.
What you’ll be doing as Technical Coordinator:
· Support the Technical Management team with technical appraisals, where abnormal costings of potential development land are provided within required timescales.
· Provide cost effective options in physically developing the land where recommended.
· By ensuring, where requested, that the site can be properly serviced and constructed upon.
· Support strategic land acquisitions and planning appeals including strategic technical studies, negotiating with statutory Authorities, instructing Consultants and obtaining/vetting their reports.
· Liaise with statutory authorities with documentation and drawings relevant to the contracts and sites
· Prepare detailed Design programmes, including the management of the production information to ensure the company meets its business objectives
· Assist with Technical and Services budgets
· Feedback all technical design matters encountered during construction to the Technical Managers.
· Maintaining a general awareness of current material and construction research and making recommendations or giving warnings as appropriate.
· Undertaking adequate CPD to maintain Professional Status where appropriate and to be aware of industry changes and developments.
What you’ll need to have to be successful as a Technical Coordinator:
· Engineering Technical experience, either from an Architectural Consultancy or Developer background
· Previous experience within the House Building or Construction sector
· Degree educated in relevant disciplines, such as Architecture, Design, Planning, Civil Engineering or the Built Environment
· Excellent attention to detail
· Experience in dealing with highly complex technical drawings and plans
· Able to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external partners
· Building Regulations and NHBC standards knowledge
· Strong IT skills
· The Company
What benefits you’ll receive as Technical Coordinator:
· Competitive Salary
· Flexible Working Options
· 28 days annual leave
· Savings scheme with company shares
· Private Healthcare
· Private pension up to 12.5%
· Health shield Cash Plan
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Life assurance and personal accident cover
· Free Counselling advice
· Cashback and retail discounts
· Company Car / Allowance
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialize in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.