Here at Atkins Search, we are recruiting for Site Managers based in the Northamptonshire region, with good experience of delivering quality new homes on sizeable residential developments.
Who you’ll be working for as a Site Manager?
This opportunity is to work for one of the leading developers in the nation, and to be a part of the 5* status that comes with them. They’re well-known for employing the best in the industry to drive the business forward, for continuously investing in and supporting their own staff members, and for consistently providing a renowned and excellent workplace culture for their staff.
What you'll be doing as a Site Manager?
Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for the following:
· Managing the construction of a development including all associated pre and post house building works
· Ensuring that targets are met regarding Health & Safety, delivery to build programme quality, customer care, and cost.
· Ensuring compliance on site at all times to the company health and safety standards and processes, NHBC standards, building regulations and overall quality standards.
· Co-coordinating labour and resources on site to deliver the build programme, and to proactively schedule in trades to ensure optimum delivery.
· Manage material levels on site to ensure the minimum amount of stock but enough to ensure the site programme is met and all labour is efficiently employed.
· Ensuring that all plots are built to the highest standard of quality, complying with the NHBC Standards, Building Regulations, range specifications and best practice.
· Undertaking company directed quality control procedures and inspections at the correct timings, and rectifying any defects so as not to incur additional cost, time delays to the programme, or reduction in the final quality.
· Monitoring and controlling the cost of production, and approving payment to contractors and trades where appropriate.
· Initiating and attending plot inspections with the Local Building Inspector or NHBC
· Carrying out toolbox talks or similar on-site briefings.
· Liaising proactively with other internal departments, externals suppliers and partners to ensure the build programme is achieved
· Working with sales through regular sales/build meetings to ensure a smooth and controlled delivery of homes for customers.
· To deliver a high standard of site presentation at all times.
· Carrying out New Home Tour with the Sales Advisor and customer(s) to give a good demonstration of the home, answering any questions, and rectifying any issues before Legal Completion.
· With the support of the Contracts Manager, ensure that the on-site Construction team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these in terms of communication, training and development, and the organization of the site’s workload and resources.
· Showing a good behavioral example in all aspects of health and safety, organization, conduct, quality of work, and professionalism.
What you'll need to be successful as a Site Manager?
To be successful in the role of Site Manager, we are looking for:
Extensive experience of working to an established build programme and managing key priorities.
Proven ability to consistently deliver weekly targets through good organization of the labour force, and promoting a team working ethic.
Excellent communicator, with an emphasis on explaining detail and gaining full compliance.
Demonstrated good leadership and assertive skills to ensure optimum delivery to the highest quality standards on site.
Ability to prioritize tasks to meet changing business needs, demonstrating a strong problem-solving ability.
A member of the Chartered Institute of Builders and/or qualified to NVQ level 5 in Construction Management, or a time served tradesman with considerable experience of the full range of construction trades.
In depth knowledge of all aspects of construction and house building, and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. health and safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations .
A thorough knowledge and well-rounded experience of dealing with customers and potential customers in all aspects, such as the giving of information and advice, resolving any customer issues, confirming company procedures etc.
What you’ll receive as a Site Manager working for this company?
The opportunity to work for a 5* house builder who are recognized for their quality homes, stellar services and high number of well-deserved awards.
If successful you will become an essential part of building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for this business.
As part of working for this developer, they’ll offer you:
Competitive Bonus Scheme
Private Medical Insurance - Single Cover
Annual Medical Health Assessment
26 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 29 days)
Choice of Flexible Benefits
Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialize in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.