Atkins Search are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a residential developer based in Birmingham.
Our client is a new build housing developer, based in Birmingham and focus on the quality of their builds. They are a modern, expanding business with steady growth plans in place for the coming years and after recent success they are looking for someone with determination, passion and ambition to join their Commercial team.
The role will be working within the Commercial team, reporting into the Commercial Manager. The role of the Senior Quantity Surveyor would be based in the office and on site, overseeing and being profoundly involved in the development of sites across the Midlands.
You would be responsible for:
• Maintaining cost control measures and working within the guidelines set out within the group policies and procedures
• Contributing to the conceptual designs/options to ensure the design is kept within the budget
• Completing accurate costing for each relevant aspect of the site development
• Analyse and report on costs and cash flow using the support systems available
• Compile subcontractor recommendations for approval
• Liaising and working closely with the Technical team
• Processing subcontract orders, payments and variations
• Attend site visits to ensure projects are running as planned
The ideal candidate for the role of a Senior Quantity Surveyor:
• Have experience working for a residential developer
• Ideally but not necessary to have knowledge/ experience in using COINS system
• Must have a full understanding of the current market conditions and rates
• Be numerate with good attention to detail, able to gather, interpret and present data to aid preparation of budgets and subsequent valuations
• Methodical, organised and able to thrive in a fast paced environment
• Able to contribute towards the resolution of disputes, problems and cost issues
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
The company understand the importance of ensuring all employees are cared for and happy whilst with the business and offer benefits such as:
• Competitive salary
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Company car
• Healthcare benefits
Please note, Quantity Surveyors looking to take the next step up will also be considered for the role.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.