Atkins Search are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a new build residential developer based in Sheffield.
Our Client is a privately owned residential developer, with exciting growth plans in place for the future of the business and its employees. After recent succession they are looking for a driven, ambitious and passionate individual to join their commercial team. The company are big on progression and investing in their employees.
The opportunity will be working within the Commercial team, reporting into the Managing Quantity Surveyor and Commercial Manager. The role of the Senior Quantity Surveyor would be based in the office and on site, overseeing and being profoundly involved in projects across South Yorkshire.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you would be responsible for:
• Maintaining cost control measures
• Contributing to the designs/options to ensure the design is kept within the budget
•Completing accurate costing for each relevant aspect of the site development
• Analyse and report on costs and cash flow using the support systems available
• Compile subcontractor recommendations for approval
• Liaising and working closely with the Technical team
• Processing subcontract orders, payments and variations
•Attend site visits to ensure projects are running as planned and to cost
• Supporting the team
The ideal candidate for the role of a Senior Quantity Surveyor:
• Have experience working for a residential developer on new build homes
• Ideally have knowledge in using a type of construction software
• Have a full understanding of the current market conditions and rates
• Be numerate with good attention to detail, able to gather, interpret and present data to aid preparation of budgets and subsequent valuations
• Be methodical and organised
•Able to contribute towards the resolution of disputes, problems and cost issues
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Have experience managing a team/ individual
The company understand the importance of ensuring all employees are cared for and happy whilst with the business and offer benefits such as:
• Competitive salary
• Car allowance
• Clear progression and support for employees
• Healthcare and pension
Please note, Quantity Surveyors will also be considered for the role.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.