Senior Quantity Surveyor – Residential
Atkins Search are working in partnership with one of the UK’s leading, residential contractors to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor into the business
My client are a UK Leading new build residential main contractor based in Leicestershire who specialise in delivering new homes throughout the East Midlands.
You will be required to provide commercial support to the project team, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and ensure that the Company’s objectives are achieved. The function of the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be to manage all the commercial aspects of schemes under your remit and ensure the project runs on time and to budget. Working very closely with the operational team, you will be responsible for all project reporting, CVR reconciliation, management of sub-contractors and payments. The ideal candidate will be based South of Nottingham and North of Northampton.
· Production of site start budgets
· Help ensure that commercial processes are adhered to across the business unit
· Carry out cost management including forecasting
· Ensure that any contracts entered into have terms and conditions that are appropriate with commercial risks identified
· Evaluate and if appropriate, approve payments of day works and applications for both labour only subcontractors.
· Procure all subcontract trades involving other key members of the team ensuring best value is obtained
· Manage the payment process for subcontractors and assist commercial teams to ensure payments are made in accordance with the agreed payment terms.
· Attendance at management meetings at various locations
· In conjunction with the Operational teams, host regular meetings with subcontractors to review performance.
· Management of agreed performance indicators including regular updates to the Commercial Director.
· Develop a good client relationships
· You will need to be able demonstrate a proven track record of working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor within the new build / residential sector
· Self-motivated and able to work autonomously to thrive in a fast faced environment
· Experience of delivering new build housing schemes
· Excellent understanding of NEC & JCT forms of contract
· Demonstrate excellent negotiation skills and build strong relationships with clients, consultants, supply chain and team members
· Capable of delivering projects on time and to budget
· Excellent man management skills
Competitive salary, car allowance and bonus schemes on offer and the opportunity for a clear career development plan and advancement will be significant.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.