Atkins Search are currently recruiting for a Senior Estimator to join a residential developer based in Nottingham.
Our client is a 5* residential developer who have an opportunity for a motivated, driven and knowledgeable Senior Estimator to join their Commercial team in the Nottingham office. Our client is big on progression and helping people develop their career and skills.
The role of the Senior Estimator would be based in the office and on site when needed to be. The Senior Estimator will be preparing cost plans for appraisal of development/ land opportunities and ensuring that all estimating work required is delivered in a timely, accurate and efficient way.
As a Senior Estimator you would be responsible for:
· Liaising with the land department about current and future development prospects.
· Prepare viability estimates of construction costs
· Assist the Commercial Manager with the formulation of pre-budget costs for sites
· Provide support and guidance to the Quantity Surveyors as required at the handover stage
· Collate and submit statistical analysis as required
The ideal candidate for the role of an Senior Estimator:
• Have experience working for a residential developer
• Have an understanding of current market conditions and rates
• Be numerate with good attention to detail, able to gather and interpret and present data
• Be methodical and organised
• Have strong IT Skills and knowledge of computer systems within the commercial environment
• Able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Be able to contribute towards the resolution of disputes, problems and cost issues
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
Our client understands the importance of ensuring all employees are cared for and happy whilst with the business and offer benefits such as:
• Competitive salary
• Company car/ allowance
• Annual medical health assessment
• Clear progression and support for employees
• Healthcare and pension
Please note, Estimators will also be considered for the role.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.