Atkins Search are currently recruiting for a Senior Estimator to join a leading residential developer based in Peterborough.
Our Client is a 5* residential developer who have an opportunity for a motivated, driven and knowledgeable Senior Estimator to join their Commercial team in Peterborough.
The role of the Senior Estimator would be based in the office and on site when needed with flexible working available. The Senior Estimator will be preparing cost plans for appraisal of development/ land opportunities and ensuring that all estimating work required is delivered in the most timely, accurate and efficient way.
As a Senior Estimator you would be responsible for:
· Liaise with the land department about current and future development prospects.
· Prepare viability estimates of construction costs
· Obtain quotations
· Assist the Commercial Manager with the formulation of pre-budget costs for sites
· Provide support and guidance to the Quantity Surveyors as required at the handover stage
· Collate and submit statistical analysis as required
The ideal candidate for the role of a Senior Estimator:
• Have experience working for a residential developer
• Have an understanding of current market conditions and rates
• Be numerate with good attention to detail, able to gather and interpret and present data
• Be methodical and organised
• Strong IT Skills, knowledge of computer systems within the commercial environment
• Able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Able to contribute towards the resolution of disputes, problems and cost issues
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
The company understand the importance of ensuring all employees are cared for and happy whilst with the business and offer benefits such as:
• Competitive salary
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Company car/ allowance
• Annual medical health assessment
• Clear progression and support for employees
• Healthcare and pension
• Family friendly policies
Please note, Estimators will also be considered for the role.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.