Atkins Search are currently recruiting for a Residential Engineering Manager, for an established and NHBC A1 rated new homes developer based in Lincoln. Our client is a family run business, with a friendly and experienced team who work together to uphold their excellent reputation for building quality and personable homes.
They’re now looking for a Residential Engineering Manager to join their team:
The duties of a Residential Engineering Manager:
· The role is to take ownership of the engineering function for various projects
· Co-ordinate consultants; design drawings and information to include, engineering, architectural, landscaping, ecological and geotechnical.
· Check architect and engineers’ drawings to ensure proposals/details are practical and economic
· Ensuring that all groundworks and foundation works are designed and managed as cost effectively as possible
What you’ll need to have as a Residential Engineering Manager:
· Knowledge of all approval processes including S104, S38 and S278
· Ability to identify site constraints, design of public highways and drainage systems
· Proven experience in designing a variety of schemes from inception to completion, including undertaking site inspections
· Co-ordinate and manage all stages of structural warranty applications including discharging conditions, liaising with surveyors / inspectors and obtaining warranty ceriticates
· Ability to work with other design team members and review third party engineering designs
· Appropriate qualifications in Civil Engineering
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· A solid understanding and experience in the delivery of all infrastructure aspects of projects from both a technical approval and the delivery perspective.
· Oversee and inspect all infrastructure installations
· Obtaining quotations and coordinating the layouts and diversions of all utilities, including day to day management of installations
· Liaise with legal team to ensure all relevant legal agreements are in place for infrastructure
The experienced requirements for a Residential Engineering Manager:
· Educated to HNC/HND or Degree Level in Civil Engineering
· At least 10 years’ design experience in the civils' sector
· Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills required
· Proficient in the use of AutoCAD (and preferably Revit) with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience
· A working knowledge of Micro Drainage along with good working knowledge of SUDs.
· Competitive Salary
· Incentive Scheme
· Company Car
· Single Cover Private Medical Insurance
· Cash Health Plan
· 25 Days’ Holiday