Atkins Search are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of one of the region’s leading main contractors based in Nottingham.
Our client is looking to recruit Quantity Surveyor into their ever-growing business. Due to recent successes in the business, an opportunity has become available for a Quantity Surveyor a background within design and build to join the team.
The function of the Quantity Surveying role will be to undertake the day to day commercial/surveying activities of projects, provide continuous liaison with the Project Managers to ensure understanding of commercial matters relating to the project and support successful operational delivery and place orders with sub-contractors and suppliers.
Current and ongoing schemes will be around £5m - £10m in value, being delivered a part of both the public and private sectors, so a background of working for a principal main contractor on projects of this type and size would be a requirement.
· Experience of various forms of construction technology
· Understanding of Microsoft Office and MS Excel
· Experience with a main contractor
· Experience of relevant project delivery
· Understanding of main contract and sub-contract conditions and documents.
· Degree in Quantity Surveying
· Experience of JCT and NEC form of contract
· Assist the project teams by communicating the finances and budget against project progress
· Present yourself clearly, concisely and accurately in subcontractors, clients, health & safety and environmental meetings to provide financial and budget information
· Demonstrate excellent negotiation skills and build strong relationships with clients, consultants, supply chains and team members
· Assist the project team in production of and meeting or exceeding project targets
Regional office based in Nottingham, our client has a strong and steady pipeline secured and are able to offer a long-term, rewarding career.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.