Atkins Search are currently looking to source a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of a Roofing & Cladding specialist based in Derbyshire. This business has operated successfully for a number of years, working with some of the region’s leading principal main contractors on diverse and interesting new build projects.
A great opportunity to the commercial team of a reputable, developing businesses. This is an office based role working with a dynamic business to deliver roofing & cladding, hot melt and façade systems on new build commercial and industrial project. General duties will include:
Operating as a Quantity Surveyor, you will require an extensive involvement in pre-contract bills of quantities preparation, general duties will include:
· Preparing of preliminary cost plan, bills of quantities, tender evaluation, project financial and contractual administration, disputes resolution
· Preparation of Order of Cost Estimate to establish a realistic budget
· Preparation of Tender Documents comprising Preliminaries, Conditions of Contract and Elemental Schedule for pricing by the contractors
· Monthly Valuations of work in progress, issue of Valuation Certificate
· Sub-contract management
· Liaising with operational teams
· Financial analysis of current and upcoming projects
· Agreeing applications for payment
To be successfully for this role, you must have a strong understanding of the pre-contract process, contractual law and various contracts, predominantly JCT. Experience working for a main contractor is desirable and a strong understanding of roofing and cladding systems is essential. The qualities that will make you an ideal candidate for this role include:
· Knowledge of and ability to apply standard methods of measurement
· A solid, all round understanding of various contract types and construction industry knowledge
· A keen eye for attention to detail
· Computer literacy including Microsoft Office
· A good awareness of construction risks and opportunities
· The ability to work with limited supervision to a high standard and to tight deadlines.
One of the leading roofing and cladding specialist in the region, this business can offer a long-term career to expand your skill set and develop your career and become an integral member of their commercial team.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.