Atkins Search are currently recruiting for a Northampton based business to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team.
As Quantity Surveyor you will be under the guidance of the Commercial Manager and Senior Quantity surveyor to maintain effective cost control of housing projects.
Using your commercial and technical knowledge (recognizing that this will expand with experience) you will contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Surveying department by providing support to your senior colleagues
• Compile and issue subcontract tenders
• Undertake subcontract tender analysis and issue orders
• Compilation of detailed Site Start Budget through to validation and sign off
• Manage subcontract orders including payments and agreement of variations
• Undertake monthly valuations, and report on cost movements and future projected movements
• Management of Social Housing Contracts
• Liaison with site teams in order to resolve operational issues
• Identify opportunities for margin improvement and actively pursue their close out
• Support other members of the Commercial team to ensure that departmental goals and deadlines are met
• Support the Chief Surveyor in achieving targets and implementing new initiatives
The behaviours that must be demonstrated in the job.
• Driven, self-motivated, results focussed
• Passionate, tenacious and enthusiastic
• Structured, organised, anticipates objections/issues and takes time to prepare
• Able to think laterally to create solutions which address the customers’ needs
• Resilient and able to bounce back from setbacks or failure.
• Work as part of a team to identify and to use the strengths of others
Skills & Qualifications
• To be target driven and work to deadlines.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills both within the development team and across department.
• Strong organisation skills.
• A driving licence is essential.
• Strong IT skills
• Work well unsupervised
• Work well in a collaborative environment.
Our client is an established residential developer, with an enviable reputation for delivering quality homes.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.