Senior Quantity Surveyor / Project Quantity Surveyor
Atkins Search are working in partnership with one of the UK’s leading main contractors specialising in delivering complex design & build and framework schemes. As the business continues to grow and develop its offering, an opportunity has become available for a Senior / Project Quantity Surveyor with a background within design and build projects to join the team.
My client are a reputable, leading, national main contractor based in Birmingham and operate on a national basis, delivering commercial, accommodation, education and leisure schemes whilst also operating as a part of various national and regional frameworks.
You will be required to provide commercial support to the project team, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and ensure that the Company’s objectives are achieved. The function of the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be to manage all the commercial aspects of schemes under your remit and ensure the project runs on time and to budget. Working very closely with the operational team, you will be responsible for all project reporting, CVR reconciliation, management of sub-contractors and payments.
The initial project will be a £20m new build scheme located in Peterborough with the option for hybrid working from home and site. The ideal candidate will be based in Peterborough, Northampton, East Midlands or West Midlands to suit current and future schemes.
· Experience of various forms of construction technology
· Understanding of Microsoft Office and MS Excel
· Experience with a main contractor
· Experience of relevant project delivery
· Understanding of main contract and sub-contract conditions and documents.
· An Ability to confidently comment on contract conditions, produce complete sub-contract documents etc.
· Experience of NEC form of contract
· Assist the project teams by communicating the finances and budget against project progress
· Excellent understanding of NEC forms of contract
· Present yourself clearly, concisely and accurately in subcontractors, clients, health & safety and environmental meetings to provide financial and budget information
· Demonstrate excellent negotiation skills and build strong relationships with clients, consultants, supply chains and team members
· Assist the project team in production of and meeting or exceeding project targets
Competitive salary and package on offer and the opportunity for new team members who are looking to develop a long term, rewarding career with one of the sectors leading contractors.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.