Project Quantity Surveyor
Atkins Search are currently looking to source a Project Quantity Surveyor for a reputable design and build main contractor based in Nottingham.
Our client is looking to recruit a Project Quantity Surveyor into the business and is able to offer long-term progression and development. As the business continues to grow and develop its offering, an opportunity has become available for a Quantity Surveyor with a background within design and build projects to join the team.
The function of the Quantity Surveying role will be to undertake the day to day commercial/surveying activities of the project, provide continuous liaison with the Project Manager to ensure understanding of commercial matters relating to the project and support successful operational delivery and place orders with sub-contractors and suppliers.
Current and ongoing schemes will be around the £5m to £12m level, so a background of working for a principal main contractor on projects of this type and size would be a requirement.
· Experience of various forms of construction technology
· Understanding of Microsoft Office and MS Excel
· Experience with a main contractor
· Experience of relevant project delivery
· Understanding of main contract and sub-contract conditions and documents.
· An Ability to confidently comment on contract conditions, produce complete sub-contract documents etc.
· Degree in Quantity Surveying
· Experience of JCT form of contract
· Assist the project teams by communicating the finances and budget against project progress
· Present yourself clearly, concisely and accurately in subcontractors, clients, health & safety and environmental meetings to provide financial and budget information
· Demonstrate excellent negotiation skills and build strong relationships with clients, consultants, supply chains and team members
· Assist the project team in production of and meeting or exceeding project targets
Regional office based in Nottingham, our client has a strong and steady pipeline secured and are able to offer a long-term, rewarding career.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.