Atkins Search are proud to be working in partnership with a market leading Construction, Regeneration and Infrastructure Consultancy to recruit a Project Manager to join their growing and successful team based in Derbyshire.
My client are a privately owned business, born out of a desire to provide a high level of customer service to their clients and have found themselves in the enviable position where the majority of their work comes through repeat business. Client recommendations have been instrumental in the ongoing growth and the development of their business, which for any prospective future employee will demonstrate the quality and depth of the business you will be joining. Suffice to say, word of mouth can be both positive and negative, but with our client it drives their future business growth.
They are one of the leading consultancies in the region who are a great team to work with and for. No ceiling for the career minded but also flexible for those where work is part of what they do, you have the opportunity to decide.
Regarding projects, you will work on a variety of large-scale strategic Regeneration, Infrastructure, Construction, Residential and employment sites, offering services that spans the full breadth of project delivery from the initial stages of inception, viability and feasibility all the way through to successful delivery on site, for local government organisations, private and public sectors clients and developers throughout the Midlands. With this type of portfolio they can offer prospective employees a diversity in workload and a chance to truly shine as you become integral to the ongoing growth of the business.
They are looking for a talented individuals to undertake all Project Management tasks pre and post contract on behalf of the company (without being seconded full time) whilst also adding value and knowledge to the current team.
The ideal candidate will have outline experience and/or a working knowledge of as much as possible:
· Project Management of Strategic Regeneration Projects involving multiple Agencies and Stakeholders (e.g. Town and City Centre Regeneration, Public and Urban Realm Projects, Pedestrian and CycleImprovement Projects, Masterplanning, Flood Alleviation)
· Working on behalf of a Local Authority as the ‘client / lead’ or PM support for the ‘client / lead’
· Project Development from Project Concept to Implementation
· Advising on Project Feasibility / Project Constraints
· Project Planning
· Programme Management
· Risk Management
· Cost Management throughout the Project lifetime
· Supporting with the management of Large Multi-Disciplinary Teams (inc. External Consultants and Internal Council Departments)
· Supporting with the management of Consultants Fees
· Drafting Consultant Briefs
· Supporting the procurement process to appoint Large Multi-Disciplinary Teams
· Writing Successful Funding Bids (e.g. LGF / HIF / ERDF / Future High Street / Transforming Cities etc.)
· Delivery of Project Outputs and Outcomes linked to Funding Requirements
· Strategic Position of Projects with Government Funders
· Government Funding Streams and wider Government Policy
· Developing and Writing Governance Documentation (e.g. PID / PEP etc.)
· Developing Bespoke Documentation (Procurement Strategies / Land Acquisition Strategies / PR & Comms Strategies etc.)
· Developing Project Business Cases using the Treasury 5 Case Model
· Liaising with Public Sector Officers at all levels (e.g. Director / Assistant Director / Strategic Manager / Team Manager / Project Manager)
· Liaising with Statutory Stakeholders (e.g. Highways England / Environment Agency etc.)
· Liaising with Landowners (Public and Private Sector)
· Liaising with Stakeholders and Interest Group (e.g. Community Groups etc.)
· Liaising with Funders (e.g. Government Departments / LEP’s etc.)
· Attending Steering Groups, Working Groups and Progress Meetings
· Drafting and sending concise Meeting Notes and Actions
· Recording Issues via Issus Log
· Recording and chasing Actions vis Actions Log
· Role of Transport Modelling and Transport Planning
· The Planning Process in the UK (inc. EIA / ES requirements)
· Land Acquisition Process (inc. Voluntary Acquisition & CPO)
The ideal candidate will have outline experience and/or a working knowledge of Public Sector:
· Work Environment / Teams (Regeneration and Development / Planning / Highways and Transportation / Economic Development)
· Project Governance Procedures
· Funding Streams / Bidding Processes
· Procurement Legislation
· Democratic Approval Processes
· Finance and Accounting Procedures
· Legal Framework
Atkins Search Limited act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.