Atkins Search are currently recruiting for a Land Buyer for a well-established and respected New Build Developer. The Developer in Based in Peterborough and are looking to grow their Land Team.
While you will need to be commercially minded and competitive for bidding sought after land, you will also need to be imaginative in identifying new possibilities such as land without planning persimmon.
Reporting into the Senior Land Manager, Land Manager or Development Director – you will be required to assist the Land Department in securing an adequate land bank to meet the needs and targets of the business.
Within the position of Land Buyer, you will be expected to;
• Maintain and aid in the expansion of the Division’s key contact base, e.g. land agents, land owners ensuring data held is up to date
• Assist the Development Director/Managers on major projects and with other relevant duties as required
• Produce professional land packs, ensure accurate bids are placed for land in a timely manner
• Undertake community engagements as necessary
• Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
• Support the Land Managers in the identification and acquisition of sites, assisting in project acquisition from identification, diligence, offer, contract, purchase, planning to pre-start on the sites acquired
• Research and provide appropriate information to Land team on potential development opportunities
• Support the Land Manager with the process of management of acquisition of sites
To be a successful Land Buyer, you will need;
• Ability to work on own initiative, with the drive to take ownership of projects
• Articulate, clear and credible individual who is able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of people, engender rapport and trust, and develop and maintain key contacts
• Exceptional negotiating and influencing skills; a confident and professional networker
• An innovative thinker, with the drive to seek out and pursue potential development opportunities
• Familiarity with all aspects of land purchase (maximization of offer, market research, technical, commercial disciplines) – sales, commercial, technical, design, legal aspects
• Sound geographical knowledge of the area
For the right candidate this position with offer;
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive Bonus Scheme
• Company Car or Cash Allowance
• Annual Health Assessment
• 25 days holiday
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.