Atkins Search are recruiting for a Document Controller to join a reputable, regional main contractor based in Nottingham
Our client are a Nottingham based construction main contractor who have an opportunity for a Document Controller to join their Design team.
The function of the Document Controller will be to assist the Design team on delivering varied public and private sector schemes throughout the region.
· Preparing, operate and update Document Control Procedures in accordance with the company’s Document Management System
· Coordinate all activities related to the Document Control procedure including technical documents and drawings
· Liaise with designers and suppliers on queries regarding issues of information
· Check information on drawings and troubleshoot any problems to do with the drawing management
· Attend design team meetings to ensure the information required is available
· Assist in preparation of Handover Documents: - ensure record documents are received and filed for the administration staff to issue at handover
· General administrative duties
The ideal candidate will be based locally to the Nottingham office and have experience as a Document Controller for either a construction main contractor or architectural practice. You will also need to possess the following attributes:
· Have a keen eye for detail
· Good knowledge of contract documentation and risk management
· Exceptional organisation skills
· Desire to succeed and progress
· Technical knowledge of Document Management Systems
· Understanding of handover process
· Ability to demonstrate document control processes and procedures on a project during different phases of the project lifecycle.
An excellent opportunity for someone looking to operate in the construction industry with a Design focus on behalf of a reputable business.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.