Atkins Search are working in partnership with one of the UK’s leading main contractors specialising in delivering complex design & build and framework schemes. As the business continues to grow and develop its offering, an opportunity has become available for a Design Manager with a background within design and build projects to join the team.
My client are a reputable, leading, national main contractor based in Birmingham and operate on a national basis, delivering commercial, accommodation, education and leisure schemes whilst also operating as a part of various national and regional frameworks.
The function of the Design Manager role will be to manage the design process, promote integration of disciplines and select, manage and appoint consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services. You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on design programmes, and also provide technical support to the bid process. In addition you will be developing designs that utilise innovative techniques on multiple/complex projects.
The initial project will be a £20m new build scheme located in Peterborough with the option for hybrid working from home and site. The ideal candidate will be based in Peterborough, Northampton, East Midlands or West Midlands to suit current and future schemes.
· Experience of various forms of construction technology
· Understanding of CAD and Microsoft Office
· Design manager experience with a main contractor
· Experience of multiple or large-scale project delivery
· Experience of reading and interpreting drawings and technical specifications
· Experience of managing specialist designers and managing others in your team
· Navigation experience of design package software
· Construction related degree
· Experience of NEC forms of contract
· Career focused individual
· Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
· Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding
· Constructively seek better alternatives
· Find practical ways to overcome barriers
· Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others
· Balance multiple priorities and build consensus on the way forward
· Make and implement difficult and/or unpopular decisions.
Competitive salary and package on offer and the opportunity for new team members who are looking to develop a long term, rewarding career with one of the sectors leading contractors.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.