We are currently looking to recruit an Design Manager to join a regional main contractor to deliver schemes based in South Yorkshire
For the right candidate, this opportunity will offer firm career progression and the opportunity to have a real impact on growing and developing the Design Team.
The function of the Design Manager role will be to manage the design process, promote integration of disciplines and select, manage and appoint consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services. You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on design programme's, and also provide technical support to the bid process. In addition you will be developing designs that utilise innovative techniques on multiple/complex projects.
Projects you will be involved with will be quite diverse in type and value and will be up to circa £50m per scheme and will include Industrial, Commercial, PRS, Education and Leisure. This client operates generally across South Yorkshire and the East Midlands and offer flexible working.
· Experience of various forms of construction technology
· Understanding of CAD and Microsoft Office
· Design manager experience with a main contractor
· Experience of multiple or large-scale project delivery
· Experience of reading and interpreting drawings and technical specifications
· Experience of managing specialist designers and managing others in your team
· Navigation experience of design package software
· Construction related degree
· Experience of JCT/ NEC forms of contract
· Experience of using 4P EDMS
Career focused individual
· Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
· Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding
· Constructively seek better alternatives
· Find practical ways to overcome barriers
· Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others
· Balance multiple priorities and build consensus on the way forward
· Make and implement difficult and/or unpopular decisions.
An award winning principal main contractor with exciting plans for growth across the Midlands region, which will create opportunity for new team members who are looking to develop a long term, rewarding career.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.