We are currently looking to recruit a Design Manager to join a Tier 1 main contractor to deliver projects across the East and West Midlands.
The function of the Design Manager role will be to manage the design process, promote integration of disciplines and select, manage and appoint consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services. You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on design programmes, and also provide technical support to the bid process. In addition you will be developing designs that utilise innovative techniques on multiple/complex projects.
Projects you will be involved with will be quite diverse in type and value and will range from £10m to £80m per scheme and will include Industrial, Commercial, PRS, Education, Manufacturing and Residential projects.
· Experience of various forms of construction technology
· Understanding of CAD and Microsoft Office
· Design manager experience with a main contractor
· Experience of multiple or large-scale project delivery
· Experience of reading and interpreting drawings and technical specifications
· Experience of managing specialist designers and managing others in your team
· Navigation experience of design package software
· Construction related degree
· Experience of JCT/ NEC forms of contract
· Experience of using 4P EDMS
· Identify your customers needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
· Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding
· Constructively seek better alternatives
· Find practical ways to overcome barriers
· Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others
· Balance multiple priorities and build consensus on the way forward
· Make and implement difficult and/or unpopular decisions.
A Tier 1 principal main contractor with exciting plans for growth across the Midlands region, which will create opportunity for new team members who are looking to develop a long term, rewarding career.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.