Atkins Search are currently looking to recruit a Design Manager to join the Design team of one of the UK’s leading tier 1 main contractors, based out of their Nottingham office to deliver major projects throughout the East Midlands.
Design Coordinators looking to step into the role will also be considered for this opportunity.
With a strong regional presence throughout the East Midlands, my client are recruiting for a Design Manager to join their Design team
· Secured pipeline of projects
· Dynamic, motivated Design team
· Part of various frameworks including P22, MOD and Scape
· Exposure to varied, dynamic projects
· Opportunity to progress as the business grows
The function of the Design Manager role will be to manage the design process, promote integration of disciplines and select, manage and appoint consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services. You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on design programme's, and also provide technical support to the bid process. In addition you will be developing designs that utilise innovative techniques on multiple projects.
Current and ongoing schemes will be around the £10m - 40m level, so a background of working for a principal main contractor on projects of this type and size would be a requirement.
Our client is looking for someone with an ambitious and progressive attitude to real add value to the Design team and the business as a whole.
· Experience of various forms of construction technology
· Understanding of CAD and Microsoft Office
· Design manager experience with a main contractor
· Experience of multiple or large-scale project delivery
· Experience of reading and interpreting drawings and technical specifications
· Experience of managing specialist designers and managing others in your team
· Navigation experience of design package software
· Construction related degree
· Experience of JCT/ NEC forms of contract
· Experience of using 4P EDMS
· Career focused individual
· Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
· Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding
· Constructively seek better alternatives
· Find practical ways to overcome barriers
· Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others
· Balance multiple priorities and build consensus on the way forward
· Make and implement difficult and/or unpopular decisions.
Competitive salary, package and bonus schemes on offer.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.