Design Coordinator / Manager
Atkins Search are currently looking to recruit a Design Coordinator / Manager to join the Design team of one of the UK’s leading tier 1 main contractors, based out of their Nottingham office to deliver major projects throughout the East Midlands.
With a strong regional presence throughout the East Midlands, my client are recruiting for a Design Coordinator / Manager to join their Design team
· Secured pipeline of projects
· Dynamic, motivated Design team
· Part of various frameworks including P22, MOD and Scape
· Exposure to varied, dynamic projects
· Opportunity to progress as the business grows
The function of the Design Manager role will be to assist in the design processes including plans, drawing reviews, uploading drawings and sharing information between designers and subcontractors.
Current and ongoing schemes will be around the £10m - £40m level, so a background of working for a principal main contractor on projects of this type and size would be a requirement. Our client is looking for someone with an ambitious and progressive attitude to real add value to the Design team and the business as a whole.
· Experience of various forms of construction technology
· Understanding of CAD and Microsoft Office
· Design Coordination experience with a main contractor
· Experience of multiple or large-scale project delivery
· Experience of reading and interpreting drawings and technical specifications
· Navigation experience of design package software
· Construction related degree
· Experience of JCT/ NEC forms of contract
· Career focused individual
· Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
· Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding
· Constructively seek better alternatives
· Find practical ways to overcome barriers
· Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself
· Balance multiple priorities and build consensus on the way forward
Competitive salary, package and bonus schemes on offer.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.