Atkins Search are currently recruiting for an experienced Civil Engineer to join a leading Civil Engineering, Residential and Building company based in Kegworth, Derbyshire. Our client truly does have an excellent reputation for investing in their staff, and offer a rewarding working environment and highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Working on a major water infrastructure framework in England, you will play a key role within the team through programme management, subcontractor management and client engagement. There will be the opportunity to continue to develop professionally with the support of the Framework team.
The Role of a Civil Engineer:
· Reading, interpretation and providing clear communication of construction drawings on site for layouts, material measurements etc.
· Ensuring that the setting out is accurate, providing precise lines, levels and reference points on site.
· Effectively influencing the progress on sites and ensuring programme deadlines are met.
· Ensuring the requirements as specified by client and senior management are met
· Developing effective relationships and dealing with clients and subcontractors.
· Working closely with the Site Manager to ensure that the Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety aspects of the work are adhered to during your project phase on site.
· Continually developing your knowledge in the industry, communicating and implementing best practice guidance to line managers and relevant staff.
· Maintain Integrated Management System (IMS) requirements, procedures and policies.
· To undertake any other duties as allocated.
What you’ll need to have as a Civil Engineer:
· Must be able to use their own initiative, taking accountability and responsibility for a project from start to finish.
· Deadline driven, instilling motivation in the team to hit key targets.
The experience you’ll need to have as a Civil Engineer:
· A degree in Civil Engineering or other industry related qualification with 3-4 years relevant experience.
· Experience within the water or utilities sector would be advantageous.
· Ability to closely collaborate with other project stakeholders
· Numeracy and IT skills including MS Office, Word and Excel.
· A full driving licence and relevant site cards.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialize in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.