Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Civils
Atkins Search are currently looking to source an experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor on behalf of a highly reputable and specialist, multi-disciplinary principal contractor based in South Yorkshire, easily commutable from Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham or Doncaster
This is an exciting opportunity to join the commercial team of a national, well-respected business within their Civil and Infrastructure sector. You will be working as part of a dynamic team to deliver specialist civil engineering and ground work schemes of £10m+ and have the opportunity to develop and grow with the business.
Operating as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will play a key role in supporting the Quantity Surveyor in successfully delivering projects on-time and to a high standard. General day to day duties will include:
· Administration and management of costs and contracts relating to projects
Assist in the preparation and agreement of applications for payment
Report when contractual notices and correspondence with both customer and sub-contractors are required in accordance with the Contract.
Undertake record-keeping including (not limited to) preparation of meeting packs, meeting invites and taking meeting minutes
Ensure compliance with issuing of timely payment and pay less notices to subcontractors.
Communicate with suppliers and subcontractors and support the drafting of enquiries and mutually beneficial agreements.
Understand drawings and working toward competency in measurement of quantities where required.
Assist in cost monitoring of site resources.
Work under the close direction and supervision of a Quantity Surveyor
To be successful for this role, you must have a minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant experience assisting to deliver civil engineering, infrastructure, groundworks or earthworks projects for a civil engineering contractor. You must also:
· Demonstrate an understanding or experience of business systems, spreadsheet development, cost analysis, programme evaluation and development
· Show increasing knowledge S278 works, earthworks, groundworks, civil engineering and/or infrastructure
· Operate collaboratively as part of a site team, drawing information from a number of sources to provide the Quantity Surveyor with well-informed options and achieve best outcomes.
· Possess a high level of IT literacy across packages including MS Office, Word and Excel
· Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with company policy.
A very well-established principal main contractor across the nation with exciting growth plans creating exciting opportunities to develop and excel into a long term, rewarding career.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions.