Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Atkins Search are recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on behalf of one of the region’s leading main contractors based in Nottingham.
Our client is looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor into their ever-growing business. Due to recent successes in the business, an opportunity has become available for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor a background within design and build to join the team.
Operating as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will play a key role in supporting the Quantity Surveyor in successfully delivering projects on-time and to a high standard.
Current and ongoing schemes will be around £5m - £10m in value, being delivered a part of both the public and private sectors, so a background of working for a principal main contractor on projects of this type and size would be a requirement.
General day to day duties will include:
· Administration and management of costs and contracts relating to projects
· Assist in the preparation and agreement of applications for payment
· Report when contractual notices and correspondence with both customer and sub-contractors are required in accordance with the Contract.
· Undertake record-keeping including (not limited to) preparation of meeting packs, meeting invites and taking meeting minutes
· Ensure compliance with issuing of timely payment and pay less notices to subcontractors.
· Communicate with suppliers and subcontractors and support the drafting of enquiries and mutually beneficial agreements.
· Understand drawings and working toward competency in measurement of quantities where required.
· Assist in cost monitoring of site resources.
· Work under the close direction and supervision of a Quantity Surveyor
To be successful for this role, you must have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working for a main contractor to deliver relevant projects.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions