We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a leading, regional main contractor based in the East Midlands
A well-established principal main contractor with exciting plans for growth across the region, which will create opportunity for new team members who are looking to develop a long term, rewarding career.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the commercial team of a reputable, leading principal contractor and become an integral part of a growing business. You will be working as part of a dynamic team to deliver diverse project types including commercial, industrial, education, residential and PRS ranging in value from circa £5m to £30m.
Operating as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will play a key role in supporting the Quantity Surveyor in successfully delivering projects on-time and to a high standard. General day to day duties will include:
· Administration and management of costs and contracts relating to projects
· Assist in the preparation and agreement of applications for payment
· Report when contractual notices and correspondence with both customer and sub-contractors are required in accordance with the Contract.
· Undertake record-keeping including (not limited to) preparation of meeting packs, meeting invites and taking meeting minutes
· Ensure compliance with issuing of timely payment and pay less notices to subcontractors.
· Communicate with suppliers and subcontractors and support the drafting of enquiries and mutually beneficial agreements.
· Understand drawings and working toward competency in measurement of quantities where required.
· Assist in cost monitoring of site resources.
· Work under the close direction and supervision of a Quantity Surveyor
To be successful for this role, you must have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working for a main contractor to deliver relevant projects.
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions