We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Pre-Construction Surveyor to join a leading residential developer based in Birmingham.
Our client is a leading, 5 star, modern residential developer who have steady growth plans for the business with room to expand their team and have an opportunity for someone looking to advance in their career and progress within the company.
The role as an Assistant Pre-Construction Surveyor
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone to join the pre-construction team and develop their career as a Pre-Construction Surveyor. You will be working as part of the team to compile project appraisals for land, manage and maintain cost planning, management and review of standard house type costs.
The role will be based in their Birmingham office, there will be site visits and flexible working available.
Whilst working closely with the technical and commercial team, reporting into the Pre-Construction Surveyor, your day to day role as an Assistant Pre-Construction Surveyor will include:
- Produce own project appraisals under supervision to be presented to the Managing Director and Senior Management Team
- Management of standard house type costs through the monitoring of real cost data from live projects
- Undertake site visits to assist the project appraisal
- Monitor and advise the Pre-Construction Surveyor on the progress of all live appraisals
- Assist the Pre-Construction Surveyor in compiling the monthly Business Unit Review appraisals and submit by the required deadline
- Assist the Pre-Construction Surveyor in preparing final budget appraisals to be handed over to the operations team
- Review of pre-contract documents such as planning agreements, initial cost plans and site surveys to inform the project appraisal
- Attend various pre-contract meetings with land managers, design consultants and planning officers
- Work collaboratively with members of the Pre-Construction Management Team, Strategic Land development team, internal and external project team members and Homes staff across all disciplines
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to the relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations and develop and ensure safe working practices
The ideal candidate for the role of an Assistant Pre-Construction Surveyor
The successful candidate will ideally of had around 2 years post graduate experience in a relevant Commercial area whether that be Commercial, Residential, Major projects, preferably within a contractor or housing developer.
- They will have excellent communication skills
- Good commercial skills
- Full driving license
- Have the ability to work as a part of a small team and make a positive impact
- Be ambitious to develop their career
Atkins Search act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Construction, Consultancy, Residential and Infrastructure recruitment and service the East and West Midlands, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Northern Home Counties regions