Here at Atkins Search, we are recruiting for an Assistant Planner for a prestigious 5* NHBC rated developer based in Hampton, Cambridgeshire.
This opportunity is to work for one of the leading developers in the nation, and to be a part of the 5* status that comes with them. They’re well-known for employing the best in the industry to drive the business forward, for continuously investing in and supporting their own staff members, and for consistently providing a renowned and excellent workplace culture for their staff.
What will you be doing an Assistant Planner?
This team is responsible for identifying and sourcing the best locations for new developments. It’s fast moving and, in today’s climate, extremely competitive and commercial in its focus.
While we need you to be commercial and competitive in bidding for sought after land, we also need you to be imaginative in identifying other possibilities – such as land that currently doesn’t have planning permission. It’s a complex area of their work, and one that’s under intense commercial scrutiny and pressure. It’s also the lifeblood of our clients’ business, which makes this team’s work even more vital and far-reaching. Entrepreneurial and imaginative in your thinking, you’ll need to be a good assessor of risks, and an even better relationship builder.
Who will you need to report to when you’re an Assistant Planner?
Reporting to the Land Manager or Senior Land Manager, you will assist the Development Director and Land Department in securing an adequate land bank to meet the needs and targets of the business.
What will be expected of you as the Assistant Planner?
· Support the Land team in the identification and acquisition of sites, assisting in project acquisition from identification, diligence, offer, contract, purchase, planning to pre-start on the sites acquired
· Assist with the maintenance and expansion of the Division’s key contact base, e.g. land agents, land owners
· Assist the Development Director/Land Manager on major projects and with other relevant duties as required
· Support the team to produce professional land packs, ensuring accurate bids are placed for land
· Carry out significant amounts of travel and some out of hours working, e.g. planning committees
· Act in accordance with Group policies, systems and procedures
· Competitive Salary
· Competitive Bonus Scheme
· Private Medical Insurance – Single Cover
· 26 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 29 days)
· Choice of Flexible Benefits
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies